Tuesday 22 April 2014

Buying Cosmetics In Korea? Here are some tips!

Hi everyone!

Recently, I went to Korea and I have noticed a few things that I want to share.

Usually, if cosmetic companies want to lure more customers into their store, they stand outside and give out free samples to get customers to go inside the store.

DON'T BE FOOLED!  They give out face masks that could be useful, but they also give out small cardboard boxes with the idol representing their company and/or their latest product on the box.  In most cases, the box will most likely contain cotton pads.

Personally, I don't need cotton pads but if you like them, go ahead!  I would rather get a face mask if they were giving out any..

Another thing to be aware is that cosmetic stores have horrible customer service.  They say "Welcome" as you come in (which is very nice) but afterwards, they just follow you around the store.  I understand that I look like I might steal something but sometimes, personal space is important to me.  If you know mandarin or look Chinese, chances are they will try to talk to you in mandarin.  I think it's best to speak English if you don't want to be bothered by people because they do not know a lot of English..

Never go into an empty store!!  If you do go in, they will follow you around, there's no question about it.  However, I did encounter a Skinfood where people just stood around the store and gave me a basket when I was holding something.  That was very polite of them and I appreciated the atmosphere :P.

Lastly, the more you buy the more samples you get!  Skinfood is especially generous with their samples while Etude House is not.  I spent around 10,000 won ($10 CAD) at Etude House and they didn't even give me anything!!


If you are planning to buy korean cosmetics in Korea, good luck and have fun!

Be shameless and ask for samples because you never know, you just might get some :)

Thanks for reading,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment