Friday 25 October 2013

[Review] Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Foam


Hi!  Have you've been looking for a good cleanser for your face!  Well, look no further because the Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Foam is here! (phew that name is crazy long)

I bought this bottle in Korea (my friend actually gave it to me but yes, she got it from Korea) and it was 7,500 won which is roughly $7.50 CAD. 

You can calculate to your currency here (calculation on left side of screen)

The first thing I would like to say is about the bottle.  Personally, I think it would be better to have a pump bottle with the consistency of the cleanser which is like a cream.  Because the bottle is shaped like that, it has to sit with it's face on the bottom, which can cause water to seep through the lid.  That's what happened to my bottle before so I suggest putting it on the other side or away from the shower.  Don't put it on the floor!! (Unless you want watery cleanser)

The bottle also feels a bit slippery at touch but don't worry, it won't slip out of your hands like soap!
Also about the packaging, there's a piece of aluminium stuck to the mouth of the bottle so I would say it's pretty sanitary because people can't test it or take some etc.







Etude House Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Foam (3in1 type)

Formulated with baking powder and to gently exfoliate skin and penetrate pores for a thorough cleanse.
[Directions] Wet face and dispense small amount onto hands.  Lather and apply foam to face, gently massaging entire area.  Wash and rinse thoroughly with warm water.

[Caution] For external use only.  Avoid contact with eyes.  Keep out of reach of children.  Discontinue use if signs of irritation and/or rash appear.











I personally really liked this foam cleanser.  One, I love foamy stuff like foam soap and it also kind of feels like shaving cream except more dense (less air).  
Two, You only need to use a little bit at a time!  As long as your face is wet, you only need about a penny/dime size of product because it becomes foamy and spreads all over your face. 
Three, I think it's the baking powder but there are some grainy bits that you can feel as you massage the product onto your face.  It's really awesome!  They aren't really hard grainy bits, really nice for a cleanser. 
 Four, the smell is really nice!  I looked at the ingredients and it says lemon peel, and it really does smell a bit lemony!  Otherwise, it smells good but I don't even know what it smells like :P It just smells awesome and it's not too strong. (I'm allergic to perfume so yea..)
Last, the price.  I know I sound like a cheapo here but korean cosmetics are really cheap and I'm jealous of people who live there! (Normal cleansers in Canada are usually about $10 depending on what brand you get.  I don't know which one is really good to be honest, I've been using this one from The Body Shop but it doesn't seem to be doing anything.)  Also, it has 170 mL of product so I think that is a good price to pay.








                                


Here, I did a test of how well the cleanser could wash away makeup.  

I have to admit that it was pretty good at washing away makeup.


From left to right: Revlon lipstick, Etude House BB cream, Lancome eyeshadow, Maybelline pencil liner, Maybelline liquid liner, Etude House 3 Step Volumcara






So basically to sum up the photos, I sprayed water on my skin where the makeup was and then massaged the cleanser into my skin.  Everything came off at a few circular motions but one that stayed was the pencil eyeliner.  However, I put a bit more water and cleanser on top of the liner and it came off after i practically scrubbed it..

I think I would probably buy this product again because I really like the texture of the product with the little grains and how it foams up.  I can't really say if it worked for my face (acne) because it could be different for every person and if it didn't work on me then it might work on you!! :)

If you want to compare the Baking Powder Pore Cleansing Foam with the Deep Cleansing one, check it out here!

Hope you enjoyed this review,

Melissa  :)

9 comments:

  1. Hi Melissa! Wow I love the little grains in it!!!! I also like ones that leave squeaky clean feeling on your face (my face is so oily..) Looks like i'd have to give this a try! I've just followed you via Google+, looking forward to your next post love!


    xoxo, Mango ❤
    MangoRabbitRabbit's Blog | Sephora Rose Gold Eyeliner: Before & After!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mango! Thank you for commenting :)
      Yes, I would definitely recommend giving it a try and thank you for following me!

      Delete
  2. Hey I have a combination skin, but I think it's worth a try. It's just a little bit confusing between this product and Etude House BB Deep Cleansing Foam :( Do you know whats the different?

    www.punkheartspink.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello! Thanks for commenting :) I have combination skin too and I think it works pretty well. Actually, I might have some samples of the Deep Cleansing Foam so if I do, I'll probably do a review on it and say the differences. Otherwise, I have no idea..I tried looking for another review that had the ingredients for the Deep Cleansing foam so I could compare them but I couldn't find one. Sorry about that! I hope to get back to you soon :)

      Delete
  3. hello can it be used as a daily cleanser even i have no makeup on? will it hurt my skin ><? thanks in advance ! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there! I'm so sorry for not seeing your post (I never got a notification) :(

      The answer is YES! I use this as a daily cleanser all the time but as we both have different skin tones, I would recommend testing out a little patch first :) The small baking powder grains don't hurt at all.

      Delete
  4. Hi,I have a sensitive skin in hot weather also oily skin(but not much).Should I use this product?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, thank you for reading! :)
      Hmm, that's a really good question. I'm not really sure as my skin type is not the same but I feel like it works on sensitive skin! I would suggest searching up another review with someone who has sensitive skin who's used it.

      Delete
  5. Hi,I have a sensitive skin in hot weather also oily skin(but not much).Should I use this product?

    ReplyDelete