Monday 19 May 2014

[REVIEW] Missha Super Aqua Marine Stem Cell Active Toner and Control Emulsion

Hi everyone!


Today I will be reviewing a toner and emulsion that I got from my friend!  Since she also went to Korea, she got me some samples and I am forever grateful T__T.

So, on with the review!

Just in case, this is a sample, not the full bottle.  I have no idea what the full bottle looks like but I'm sure you can google it.



I have no clue what it's supposed to do since there aren't really any instructions or anything so I tried searching it up. 

"pure and moisture-rich toner that boosts dry and dull skin. This gel type toner instantly moisturizes, energizes, and brightens the skin." 


 Ok, I got that from the official Missha website that also said a bunch of other stuff it did.  However, I didn't get that feeling AT ALL.

First, the toner is very strange.  It's not a liquid, but a clear jelly that took me a long time trying to get it out of the bottle.  Second, it didn't feel different from any other toner.  Also, my skin did not become energized or brightened.  It felt a little moisturized after putting on the emulsion but I have this patch of dry skin that I spread it over and it didn't do anything at all.

As for the smell, it smells really nice!  I don't know how to describe it, kinda flowery scent?  It's not very strong either.

As for the emulsion, the solution is not sticky at all, which is awesome because I hate that feeling when you have cream on your hands after applying it on your face.  Personally, I think emulsions are a bit too low-key for my skin, I need something more hydrating than a watered down cream.

Overall, I am pretty disappointed with this, especially since the bottle of toner is worth $20 CAD!!  That is the usual price of toners are in Canada but I wouldn't buy it since it doesn't feel effective and it's a bit too expensive.


Toner on the top, Emulsion at the bottom


I think I was a bit more satisfied with Skinfood's Toner and Emulsion.  I did a review here.


Check that out and thanks for reading!  Sorry if the review sounds a bit rushed, I am very busy right now but I really wanted to post something.  Anyway, thank you very much for reading!

As always,

Melissa 

No comments:

Post a Comment