Friday 6 September 2013

[REVIEW] Innisfree Capsule Recipe Pack - Jeju Volcano

Hello!  Today I will be reviewing Innisfree's Capsule Recipe Pack!
I went to Hong Kong's Innisfree and decided to try out these capsule packs because they looked cool ^^
They were about $14 HKD or about $2 CAD
You can convert to your own currency here (converter is on the top left of screen)

So pretty cheap for a pack!  After getting this, I wondered if it was the same as their Jeju Volcanic Pore Clay Mask.  I did buy one actually but haven't tested it out yet..stay tuned!

The container containing the pack is pretty cute; it's shaped like a capsule that reminds me of coffee capsules where you just slot it into the hole and voila! Coffee!
It is made out of plastic but the top feels kind of like paper, with a waxy bottom.  A special feature on the pack is that there is a tiny slit under the flap so you can use the pack more than once by sealing it effectively!





What it does:

The clay mask pack with Jeju volcanic ashes to absorb sebum to purify pores.

Hahah..not the best english right?  ^This was written on the back.

[Directions]

1. Smoothly apply over your face that can feel dry after cleaning.  Rinse off with warm water after 10-15 minutes.  Massaging will relieve your facial muscles for more comfortable looks.  Choose the right one for your skin condition.
2.  Insert the cap of capsule into the container and pull for airtightness to use for 2-3 applications.

[Caution]

1.Immediately stop using in case of skin abnormalities after use.
2. Always recap after use.
3.Use as quickly as possible after opening.
4. Immediate rinse with water if it gets into your eyes.
5.Avoid using around the eye area.

[Shelf Life]

For best results, use within 30 months from the manufacture and recommend to use immediately after opening.





Opening it up, the colour looked exactly like the Jeju Volcano Clay Mask, which is a light brownish grey, almost the colour of grey clay.  The feeling of the mask is almost like whipped cream except denser, I guess more like heavy chocolate icing :P









As you can see in the picture, I used a sponge to apply it.  This method is both good and bad because you don't have to use your hands (which might be dirty) to put a mask on your face.  But, it is also bad because some of the mask will absorb into the sponge and in the end, you will have wasted some product.

The application on your face is very smooth, and it just glided onto my face.  It wasn't chunky or dried in any way.

I think there is a lot in this product.  Although it says 10mL, I finished applying it onto my face and still have a little more than half left, so I think it is worth the money, being able to use it 2-3 times.

Although there is a small slit for the lid to slip back in, it's just like those cup ramen noodles where the lid doesn't really stay on that well, so I think if you used this in one day (share with a friend?) it would be safer !

So, I left the mask on for 15 minutes and then washed it off with a towel soaked in hot water.
I have to say that the mask made my skin feel a bit sticky but after a minute or so, my face feels pretty soft.  I don't notice much difference with my pores but some of the redness in my skin is gone now!

I think that I would not by this product again, but try out the other ones.  Once I discovered that the masks are kind of the same, I'm thinking that there are full-size containers of the masks that they put into capsules.  If that is the case, I think that it's great for people who just want to try it out first!

If you were to buy one, make sure to read the back for the description of what the mask does.  To say in the least, I think the mask absorbed my sebum but didn't purify my pores because I didn't see a difference in before I applied it and after.

Thanks for reading!
Comment if you have questions, and as always,

Signing off,

Timelessdays :)

No comments:

Post a Comment