Saturday 31 August 2013

[REVIEW: ETUDE HOUSE] ICE SHOT COOL BAND FREEZE FOAM (아이스 샷 콜 밴드)

Hello!  This is my first blogpost and I hope you enjoy!

Today, I will be reviewing Etude House's Ice Shot Cool Band Freeze Foam.  (The name is pretty long..)
Anyway, I first stumbled upon this while browsing through the Etude House website, which you can check out here.  I was actually making a list of what to buy as I just went to Korea recently!

On to the review!




Pictures of the bottle, cap on and off.


The 5 effects:

쿨링 효과 - Cooling Effect
진정 효과 -  Truly Effect (?)*
냉찜질 효과 - Cold Pad Effect 
얼음 주머니 효과 - Ice Bag Effect 
모공 팩 효과 - Pore Pack Effect 
*I don't know what this means..I even asked my korean friend :P

Information:

This is a revolutionary band-type cooling spray that dramatically cools heated skin once its foam transforms into a cooling band that smoothly glides onto any part of the body without breaking.

Let's see if this is true!










The nozzle


Directions:

1. Shake 4~5 times of more before use.
2. Spray at least from a 20cm distance on area you wish to cool down. (Move bottle left and right to create wide band.)
3. With hands, press onto band that is formed to double cooling effect.
4. Remove once cooling effect is gone.

Application Tips:

Do not spray directly onto face.
First form the band on hands or back of hands, remove band and apply onto desired area.
During first or second time of use, spray beforehand onto objects such as a cotton pad to remove unnecessary gas or non-uniform contents.


This is what it looked like after spraying it on.  I shook the bottle a few times and then held the nozzle, zig zagging left and right downwards onto my arm.  









After applying, it's really easy to peel off.  It's like a sticker minus the pain (haha)




After applying it on, they said that if you press down there's double the cooling effect. (So that is what I did).  When you press down, you can feel bubbles popping underneath your fingertips and it feels rather interesting..

The cooling part is pretty cold, it's not the same temperature as ice on your skin though.  The cooling effect last about 1-2 minutes for me and I don't know if it will vary between people.  The smell of the foam is quite nice, kind of like clean laundry with a subtle hint of alcohol.  
The bad thing about this foam is that after the foam cools down, you are left with a piece of foam that emits wet substance if you rub the foam together in your hand to form a ball like this one below.  It doesn't go away so you have to find a garbage can to throw it away.
 It looks kinda like gum haha..

I don't know whether I would buy this again or not.  It contains only 80mL and it was pretty expensive,  11,000 won for a bottle. (You can convert to your own currency here)
It's something quirky to use when you're outside with your friends and it is an alternative to a cold drink or ice cream on a hot day.
But, to be honest, I think I would put this in my first aid kid or something haha.  It can serve as a cooling pack if you get a burn or a bruise and I think it will be useful for those cases although the cooling is only temporary.

Thanks for reading!  Feel free to shoot me a question ^^

Signing off,

-Timelessdays

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, may i know where did u buy this product In kr?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, may i know where did u buy this product In kr?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi , may i know where did you buy this product in kr?

    ReplyDelete